Buxbaum HCS, a leading CFO consulting and search firm in Southern California, is looking for a Director of Recruitment who will report to the Chief Talent Officer. This individual will lead and manage all aspects of the recruitment function with a focus on recruiting senior level finance candidates for both consulting and full-time opportunities. This is an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of a rapidly growing organization.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned recruitment professional with extensive experience recruiting C-level and other senior level finance candidates. This person will be able to assess the skills, experience, and personality of these candidates quickly. Primary responsibilities will consist of the following:
- Managing the overall recruitment function
- Developing processes and systems
- Training and mentoring other recruiting staff members
- Researching potential candidates
- Writing job postings
- Conducting phone screens and in-person interviews
- Interfacing with clients and articulating the capabilities of candidates and consultants
- Negotiating and understanding total compensation including benefits and equity
A good grasp of various accounting and finance positions is required as this person will have to gain an intimate understanding of each candidate’s background. In other words, this person must be fluent in the language of accounting and finance. Another key to success is the ability to match an individual with a particular opportunity not only for skills but also personality.
To be considered for this position, you must currently reside in Los Angeles and meet the following criteria:
- Experience working in a finance or accounting position (CPA preferred)
- 7+ years of recruiting experience either for a professional services firm (e.g., CPA firm) or executive search firm
- Experience managing a recruiting department and staff
- Proven track record and history of job stability
- Strong business acumen
- Desire, drive, and motivation
- Scrappiness and sense of urgency
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good negotiating skills
- Organization, prioritization, and ability to manage concurrent tasks
- Professional maturity
This is an internal administrative position. It is not a commission-based sales position. It will pay a base salary of $150,000 to $175,000 depending on experience along with a generous discretionary bonus. In addition, the individual will have access to a full suite of benefits including health, 401K, and car allowance among other benefits.