Buxbaum HCS, a leading CFO consulting and search firm in Southern California, is looking for a Director of Business Development who will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer. This individual will primarily generate opportunities by developing relationships with other trusted advisors to companies such as CPAs, attorneys, and bankers. In addition, this person will interface with potential clients, identify opportunities, and negotiate terms for engagements. This is an exciting opportunity to help a well established regional firm continue to grow and play a crucial role with more companies throughout Southern California.
The ideal candidate is a savvy sales oriented person, who can both open doors and close opportunities. The individual must project a sense of confidence and credibility. Integrity is critical.
A keen understanding of accounting is required as this person will assess projects and engagements and possibly review financial statements as part of the initial scoping. A key to success is the ability to convert introductions into live engagements. That is, close the deal.
Another important quality is the ability to work well with a team. We are successful by coordinating well internally and with our delivery personnel (i.e., CFO consultants).
In order to be considered for this position, you must meet the following criteria:
- CPA with public accounting experience (not just the certification)
- Prior M&A experience and a detailed understanding of the transaction process
- Strong business acumen
- Likeability and ability to interface with other business professionals such as attorneys and investment bankers
- Desire and drive to succeed
- Scrappiness and sense of urgency
- Self-directed and strong work ethic
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Organization, prioritization, and ability to manage concurrent tasks
- Professional maturity
This position offers unlimited commission potential. In addition, the individual will have access to a full suite of benefits including health, disability, and life insurance, 401K, car allowance, and entertainment budget.